Sunday, October 2, 2011

Halloween wreath 2

I love how this wreath turned out!
I was inspired at Krumpets when I saw this metal spider web with ribbons and a cute metal spider on it:
I will use this somewhere else because it was too big for the wreath I already had.
These are the supplies I bought for my project:
Small metal spider web from Krumpet's, spiders from Wal-Mart, ornaments, ribbon, and wreath from Michaels.

First, I secured the spider web to the wreath with wire and by bending the branches of the wreath around it. Then, I attached a spider on the spider web using the black wire from the package.
Next, I cut approximately four inch strips of ribbon and stacked them on top of each other. Then I took a six inch piece and used it to attach the ribbon strips to the spider web by tying a double knot. Then I spread the ribbon out so all the colors were showing.
Next, I grouped the ornaments together and secured them with black twist ties because I thought they blended better than the silver craft wire I had.
It was a fairly simple project and I was able to make it for around nine dollars since most of the items were on sale. Here's another picture of the final product:
On to my next project.....

Linked up to:
Today's Creative Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment